From healthcare to public service to criminology, the field of dentistry offers a wide selection of professional options for qualified candidates. Here’s how the University of Minnesota, Morris and the liberal arts experience prepares you.
University of Minnesota, Morris graduates are prepared to enter any dental school or training program of their choosing. In addition, the Morris campus provides the following advantages.
- The on-campus Office of Community Engagement: Taking advantage of undergraduate service opportunities demonstrates the kind of commitment sought by professional school admissions boards;
- A nationally recognized Study Abroad program: Studying abroad prepares students for potential international dental service trips; and
- Outstanding undergraduate teaching: The Morris campus boasts the highest percentage of winners of the Horace T. Morse-Minnesota Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Contributions to Undergraduate Education at the University of Minnesota.
Opportunities in Dentistry
The field of dentistry offers many career options, including:
- Private practice
- Clinical or criminal laboratory work
- Dental hygiene and wellness
Many Morris graduates have gone on to successful careers in dentistry. Read more about preparing for a dental career at Morris.
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List
- Students and Faculty Members Partner on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- Washington Monthly and Colleges of Distinction Commend Morris
- Three in Three: Morris Teaching Alumni Are Consecutive ISD 200 Teachers of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships
- McIntosh Champions Discovery-Based Student Learning Using the Haystack Radio Telescope