Applying for Dental School
Applying to Dental School
Students interested in applying to dental school should contact the specific institution for information on the application process.
However, students may also use the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service which allows students to apply to multiple participating schools with one online application, provided by the American Dental Education Association.
- Their application process begins June 1 and should be completed by the end of January.
Dental Aptitude Test
Most dental schools require that applicants take the Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) which covers:
- Natural sciences
- Reading comprehension
- Quantitative ability
- Perceptual ability
- Critical thinking (may soon be added)
The application process for dental schools begins in the summer a year before entering dental school; it is advisable to complete your primary application by July 4th for early consideration.
Many schools have rolling admission policies. This means they will review applications on an on-going basis, as submitted.
Applicants who submit materials well before the deadlines may receive earlier interviews and consideration for admission.
After reviewing your primary application, a school may send you a secondary application specific to that institution.
- Secondary applications typically include additional essays and an application fee
- These are not usually due until winter
- You should submit the secondary application as soon as possible to secure an interview
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards
- Morris Premieres Visiting Jazz Artist Program
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List