Applying for Dental School
Applying to Dental School
Students interested in applying to dental school should contact the specific institution for information on the application process.
However, students may also use the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service which allows students to apply to multiple participating schools with one online application, provided by the American Dental Education Association.
- Their application process begins June 1 and should be completed by the end of January.
Dental Aptitude Test
Most dental schools require that applicants take the Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) which covers:
- Natural sciences
- Reading comprehension
- Quantitative ability
- Perceptual ability
- Critical thinking (may soon be added)
The application process for dental schools begins in the summer a year before entering dental school; it is advisable to complete your primary application by July 4th for early consideration.
Many schools have rolling admission policies. This means they will review applications on an on-going basis, as submitted.
Applicants who submit materials well before the deadlines may receive earlier interviews and consideration for admission.
After reviewing your primary application, a school may send you a secondary application specific to that institution.
- Secondary applications typically include additional essays and an application fee
- These are not usually due until winter
- You should submit the secondary application as soon as possible to secure an interview
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List
- Students and Faculty Members Partner on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- Washington Monthly and Colleges of Distinction Commend Morris
- Three in Three: Morris Teaching Alumni Are Consecutive ISD 200 Teachers of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships
- McIntosh Champions Discovery-Based Student Learning Using the Haystack Radio Telescope