Through the field of education, students can pursue the study of education and its role in society (separate from teacher licensure programs); complete a major and teaching licensure in elementary education; prepare to teach one or more liberal arts subjects at the secondary school level; and/or prepare for graduate study in education.
Intercollegiate athletics, sports management, lifetime physical activity classes, coaching endorsement, and courses addressing various wellness issues are offered in the sport studies and athletics discipline.
Many students enrolled at Morris, no matter what their area of study, participate in intercollegiate athletic competition, which is directed by the sport studies and athletics faculty.
Division of Education programs are enhanced through faculty commitment to personalized instruction, use of current instruction technologies, and opportunities for student and faculty participation in multicultural and international educational experiences.
- Raths ’19 Gets Ready to Practice Optometry at PineCone Vision Center
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards
- Morris Premieres Visiting Jazz Artist Program
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season