Typically, students apply for admission to the Honors program in the spring of their first year at UMM and begin the program the fall of their second. Recipients of the Prairie Scholarship are offered automatic admission to the program in their first year of study.
Academic success in the fall semester, faculty recommendation, and a short essay may be used to select students who are likely to thrive in the program.
In order to graduate ‘with Honors, in addition to completing 12 credits in the Honors Program, a student must have an overall GPA of 3.5 at graduation.
Students who graduate with Honors receive an Honors Medallion at the annual Honors Ceremony, on the eve of graduation.
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards
- Morris Premieres Visiting Jazz Artist Program
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List