Typically, students apply for admission to the Honors program in the spring of their first year at UMM and begin the program the fall of their second. Recipients of the Prairie Scholarship are offered automatic admission to the program in their first year of study.
Academic success in the fall semester, faculty recommendation, and a short essay may be used to select students who are likely to thrive in the program.
In order to graduate ‘with Honors, in addition to completing 12 credits in the Honors Program, a student must have an overall GPA of 3.5 at graduation.
Students who graduate with Honors receive an Honors Medallion at the annual Honors Ceremony, on the eve of graduation.
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List
- Students and Faculty Members Partner on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- Washington Monthly and Colleges of Distinction Commend Morris
- Three in Three: Morris Teaching Alumni Are Consecutive ISD 200 Teachers of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships
- McIntosh Champions Discovery-Based Student Learning Using the Haystack Radio Telescope