Typically, students apply for admission to the Honors program in the spring of their first year at UMM and begin the program the fall of their second. Recipients of the Prairie Scholarship are offered automatic admission to the program in their first year of study.
Academic success in the fall semester, faculty recommendation, and a short essay may be used to select students who are likely to thrive in the program.
In order to graduate ‘with Honors, in addition to completing 12 credits in the Honors Program, a student must have an overall GPA of 3.5 at graduation.
Students who graduate with Honors receive an Honors Medallion at the annual Honors Ceremony, on the eve of graduation.
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships
- McIntosh Champions Discovery-Based Student Learning Using the Haystack Radio Telescope
- Barry McQuarrie and Harrison Piehowski ’19 Tackle Familiar Mathematical Models
- Cristina Ortiz Earns Institute on Diversity, Equity and Advocacy Multicultural Research Award
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2017 Includes Morris
- Schrock ’17 Learns Job Skills through Computer Science Research