The pre-law program at the University of Minnesota, Morris is designed to assist students preparing for legal careers throughout every stage of their undergraduate education by providing
- Career information
- Assistance with course selection
- LSAT planning and preparation
- Law school selection guidance
The University of Minnesota, Morris has one of the best law school placement records in the entire Upper Midwest. Here are some of the advantages we offer those who choose to prepare for their careers on a distinguished liberal arts campus.
The campus pre-law adviser is Timothy Lindberg, professor of Political Science.
The academic rigor and interdisciplinary strength of a liberal arts campus will greatly empower your pre-law education. Courses are taught by faculty from across the campus.
Hands-On Legal Experience
Because of the strong relationship between the campus and surrounding communities, students at the University of Minnesota, Morris have unparalleled access, through the Stevens County Attorney’s Office, to criminal prosecutions, including interviewing of defendants and/or witnesses, drafting of criminal complaints, and observation of a wide range of criminal proceedings.
Comprehesnsive Law School Selection and Admission Information
The campus provides an annual Graduate and Professional School Information Day. The pre-law adviser will assist you in maximizing your chances of getting into the top law schools, offering detailed information on admissions requirements and criteria at various institutions.
LSAT Preparation Assistance
In addition to the support of the campus pre-law adviser, students at the University of Minnesota, Morris have access to an FAQ written by a pre-law adviser with ten years’ experience that includes scoring information and a suggested study schedule.
Successful Extra-Curricular Organizations
Many pre-law students enjoy competing in the prestigious University of Minnesota, Morris Mock Trial program. The group has a strong history of success both at the regional and national levels of the American Mock Trial Association.
- Morris Once Again Named a “Best College Value” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- David Roberts to Study Unusual Polynomials with NSF Grant
- Raths ’19 Gets Ready to Practice Optometry at PineCone Vision Center
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards