At the University of Minnesota, Morris, students enjoy a unique combination of advantages as they prepare for careers in healthcare professions.
A Morris education makes a difference. The campus boasts a medical school acceptance rate significantly higher than the national average. In recent years, Morris graduates have been accepted at medical schools like:
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- University of Minnesota, Duluth
- Duke University
- University of Iowa
- St. Louis University
- Temple University
- University of Chicago
- University of South Dakota
- University of North Dakota
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- University of Nebraska
- Wright State University
In addition to working with an individual faculty adviser to plan and prepare for application to medical school, each pre-med student is assisted by the Pre-med Advising Committee.
Morris provides a human cadaver for anatomy courses, one of few undergraduate colleges with this valuable pre-med resource.
The campus has a cooperative relationship with Stevens County Ambulance Service that allows pre-med students to receive course credit for preparing to work as an EMT during the academic year.
The atmosphere at the University of Minnesota, Morris is cooperative rather than competitive. Pre-med students work together to succeed.
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards
- Morris Premieres Visiting Jazz Artist Program
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List