A degree in music from the University of Minnesota, Morris provides students with a broad understanding of the art of music, both historically and globally. If you are looking for an environment where you will have ample opportunity to grow and flourish as a musician and a scholar, the music discipline at Morris is the right place for you!
Morris combines music coursework with an exceptional liberal arts curriculum, providing a diverse knowledge base that can serve as a foundation in a variety of careers, both inside and outside of music.
The members of the music faculty have established reputations and are ready to work with students, not only in the small classes that are a part of the core music studies, but also through mentorships and projects that the student wishes to pursue.
Students have the opportunity to actively shape their education through a variety of performance venues, leadership roles, and the possibility to develop their own scholarly projects.
Students at Morris have the option to earn a teaching license through our reputable elementary and secondary education programs; a high percentage of music majors achieve placement in elementary and secondary music education positions.
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List
- Students and Faculty Members Partner on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- Washington Monthly and Colleges of Distinction Commend Morris
- Three in Three: Morris Teaching Alumni Are Consecutive ISD 200 Teachers of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships