Applying to Nursing School
Unlike law or medical school, there is no specific exam for applying to nursing school, although a post-baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing program may require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
Application deadlines vary by institution. Students should check the specific policies of their chosen institutions.
In general, students have to:
- Complete application essays
- Submit official transcripts and a current resume
- Provide up to three letters of recommendation (at least two from academic sources)
- Participate in formal interview if/when invited
Schools favored by Morris students for a post-baccalaureate/Masters of Nursing degree:
- Morris Once Again Named a “Best College Value” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- David Roberts to Study Unusual Polynomials with NSF Grant
- Raths ’19 Gets Ready to Practice Optometry at PineCone Vision Center
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards