Applying to Nursing School
Unlike law or medical school, there is no specific exam for applying to nursing school, although a post-baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing program may require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
Application deadlines vary by institution. Accelerated programs generally have deadlines in the fall while traditional programs may have deadlines in the winter. Students should check the specific policies of their chosen institutions.
In general, students have to:
- Complete several application essays
- Submit transcripts and a current resume
- Provide three letters of recommendation (at least two from academic sources)
Schools favored by Morris students for a post-baccalaureate/Masters of Nursing degree:
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List
- Students and Faculty Members Partner on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- Washington Monthly and Colleges of Distinction Commend Morris
- Three in Three: Morris Teaching Alumni Are Consecutive ISD 200 Teachers of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships
- McIntosh Champions Discovery-Based Student Learning Using the Haystack Radio Telescope