Applying to Nursing School
Unlike law or medical school, there is no specific exam for applying to nursing school, although a post-baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing program may require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
Application deadlines vary by institution. Accelerated programs generally have deadlines in the fall while traditional programs may have deadlines in the winter. Students should check the specific policies of their chosen institutions.
In general, students have to:
- Complete several application essays
- Submit transcripts and a current resume
- Provide three letters of recommendation (at least two from academic sources)
Schools favored by Morris students for a post-baccalaureate/Masters of Nursing degree:
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards
- Morris Premieres Visiting Jazz Artist Program
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List