Applying to Pharmacy School
Applicants to the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy must apply through the national application service, PharmCAS. Many other institutions also use this service; check with each school for specific application requirements.
The PharmCAS application process opens in June and begins with the following steps. Be aware that the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy has rolling admissions. Applications are reviewed in the order received and become limited as the year proceeds.
- Take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) exam and submit scores to PharmCAS.
- Submit an application to PharmCAS.
- Submit three letters of reference to PharmCAS.
- Submit all college transcripts to PharmCAS (minimum GPA of 3.00 required or 3.2 over the most recent 60 semester credits).
- Submit the College of Pharmacy Supplemental Application.
Upon successful completion of these steps, select applicants will be invited to interview with a faculty member of the College of Pharmacy. Keep in mind that admission boards are also looking for:
- Volunteerism and community service
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthcare profession
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and civic engagement
"Tell me more about the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)."
- Approximately two-thirds of U.S. pharmacy schools require the PCAT for admission.
- The test takes about six hours.
- It is typically offered three times a year (July, September, January).
- Sections include:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability
- Reading Comprehension
For more information about a career in pharmacy, visit the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy website.
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships
- McIntosh Champions Discovery-Based Student Learning Using the Haystack Radio Telescope
- Barry McQuarrie and Harrison Piehowski ’19 Tackle Familiar Mathematical Models
- Cristina Ortiz Earns Institute on Diversity, Equity and Advocacy Multicultural Research Award
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2017 Includes Morris
- Schrock ’17 Learns Job Skills through Computer Science Research