Applying to Physical Therapy School
Students planning to apply to a master or doctor of physical therapy program must complete a bachelor’s degree in any field to be eligible. Admission to physical therapy programs is highly competitive; most schools require at least a 3.00 GPA for prerequisite coursework.
The University of Minnesota Physical Therapy Program, one of the top 20 programs in the United States, uses a rolling admissions process that begins in July. Applicants must apply to both the program and the University's graduate school. In addition, you must submit:
Currently, the University of Minnesota program does not make use of the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
"What about other schools?"
You will need to familiarize yourself with the specific application requirements of different schools. Many use the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List
- Students and Faculty Members Partner on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- Washington Monthly and Colleges of Distinction Commend Morris
- Three in Three: Morris Teaching Alumni Are Consecutive ISD 200 Teachers of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships
- McIntosh Champions Discovery-Based Student Learning Using the Haystack Radio Telescope