Applying to Physical Therapy School
Students planning to apply to a master or doctor of physical therapy program must complete a bachelor’s degree in any field to be eligible. Admission to physical therapy programs is highly competitive; most schools require at least a 3.00 GPA for prerequisite coursework.
The University of Minnesota Physical Therapy Program, one of the top 20 programs in the United States, uses a rolling admissions process that begins in July. Applicants must apply to both the program and the University's graduate school. In addition, you must submit:
Currently, the University of Minnesota program does not make use of the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
"What about other schools?"
You will need to familiarize yourself with the specific application requirements of different schools. Many use the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
- McIntosh Champions Discovery-Based Student Learning Using the Haystack Radio Telescope
- Barry McQuarrie and Harrison Piehowski ’19 Tackle Familiar Mathematical Models
- Cristina Ortiz Earns Institute on Diversity, Equity and Advocacy Multicultural Research Award
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2017 Includes Morris
- Schrock ’17 Learns Job Skills through Computer Science Research
- Paron ’16 Coordinates K–12 Environmental Education
- Three Morris Faculty Members Receive Grant-in-Aid Awards