Applying to Physical Therapy School
Students planning to apply to a master or doctor of physical therapy program must complete a bachelor’s degree in any field to be eligible. Admission to physical therapy programs is highly competitive; most schools require at least a 3.00 GPA for prerequisite coursework.
The University of Minnesota Physical Therapy Program, one of the top 20 programs in the United States, uses a rolling admissions process that begins in July. Applicants must apply to both the program and the University's graduate school. In addition, you must submit:
Currently, the University of Minnesota program does not make use of the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
"What about other schools?"
You will need to familiarize yourself with the specific application requirements of different schools. Many use the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
- David Roberts to Study Unusual Polynomials with NSF Grant
- Raths ’19 Gets Ready to Practice Optometry at PineCone Vision Center
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards
- Morris Premieres Visiting Jazz Artist Program