Secondary Education at the University of Minnesota, Morris
Highly Acclaimed College for Preparing Teachers
Consistently recognized as one of the best public liberal arts colleges in the nation, the University of Minnesota, Morris is an excellent choice for one of the most important decisions you'll make—preparing for your future as a secondary educator.
Morris is known as an “education school.” Its education programs are rigorous and require hard work, but the end result is excellent teachers. The secondary education program coordinator routinely receives phone calls from area administrators encouraging Morris graduates to apply for positions in their schools.
Accredited by National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
The fully accredited Teacher Education Programs at Morris are organized, implemented, and assessed according to the requirements and standards of the Minnesota Board of Teaching (BOT) and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Talented Secondary Education Faculty
The Division of Education Teacher Education Program features a talented secondary education faculty committed to personalized instruction. Instructional technology is a key component throughout the program, as are opportunities for student and faculty participation in multicultural and international educational experiences.
Positive Relationships Support Successful Field Experiences
Morris maintains positive relationships with cooperating schools and teachers. In a recent survey, 100 percent of respondents reported positive communication and partnership with Morris education programs. These relationships ensure positive learning experiences for students in the Morris secondary education program. Morris students engage in field experiences throughout Minnesota, Texas, Illinois, and in countries around the world.
Morris Secondary Education Students:
- Pursue the study of education and education’s role in society
- Complete a major and a teaching licensure program
- Prepare to teach one or more liberal arts subjects at the secondary school level
- Prepare for graduate study in education
- Earn a State of Minnesota teaching licensure in a liberal arts discipline
- Morris Premieres Visiting Jazz Artist Program
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List
- Students and Faculty Members Partner on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- Washington Monthly and Colleges of Distinction Commend Morris
- Three in Three: Morris Teaching Alumni Are Consecutive ISD 200 Teachers of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited