Morris is the only small liberal arts college in Minnesota—and one of the few across the country—that offers a statistics major.
University of Minnesota, Morris statistics majors learn the theory and methods of statistics through courses and other scholarly activity. Morris students develop an effective operational knowledge of the theory and methods of statistics and the application of statistical methods in a liberal arts environment.
What makes statistics at Morris Unique?
Morris is the only small, liberal arts college in Minnesota—and one of only few across the country—that offers a statistics major
- The statistics professors at Morris:
- Offer different specialties such as biostatistics, theory of statistics, and applied statistics
- Are experienced—all have PhDs
- Get to know their students, which allows for rational discourse and an enhanced learning experience
- Serve as their students’ faculty adviser
- A diverse range of topic offerings well prepares Morris graduates for graduate school and the work force
- Raths ’19 Gets Ready to Practice Optometry at PineCone Vision Center
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards
- Morris Premieres Visiting Jazz Artist Program
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season