Morris is the only small liberal arts college in Minnesota—and one of the few across the country—that offers a statistics major.
University of Minnesota, Morris statistics majors learn the theory and methods of statistics through courses and other scholarly activity. Morris students develop an effective operational knowledge of the theory and methods of statistics and the application of statistical methods in a liberal arts environment.
What makes statistics at Morris Unique?
Morris is the only small, liberal arts college in Minnesota—and one of only few across the country—that offers a statistics major
- The statistics professors at Morris:
- Offer different specialties such as biostatistics, theory of statistics, and applied statistics
- Are experienced—all have PhDs
- Get to know their students, which allows for rational discourse and an enhanced learning experience
- Serve as their students’ faculty adviser
- A diverse range of topic offerings well prepares Morris graduates for graduate school and the work force
- Theatre Arts Discipline Announces 2016–17 Season
- Morris Makes 2017 U.S. News Top Public Liberal Arts Colleges List
- Students and Faculty Members Partner on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- Washington Monthly and Colleges of Distinction Commend Morris
- Three in Three: Morris Teaching Alumni Are Consecutive ISD 200 Teachers of the Year
- University of Minnesota, Morris Teacher Education Program Nationally Accredited
- Pete Wyckoff and Timna Wyckoff Awarded Elite Science Policy Fellowships