Summer Term at the University of Minnesota, Morris including May Session, Summer Session I and Summer Session II, is open to current and new students, students from other colleges, nontraditional students, and community members (some courses have prerequisites). Summer Term offers a learning environment that will help students realize their academic and intellectual potential, and provides an excellent opportunity for students to:
- accelerate degree completion;
- meet general education requirements (GER);
- make up lost credits;
- work while earning credits; and
- live in Morris for the summer!
Morris's qualified and enthusiastic faculty offer an exciting challenge through a variety of courses. Summer Term courses, while offered in a condensed format, require the same rigor and expectations as courses offered during the academic year.
Registration is easy and begins March 23, 2016!
SUMMER TERM 2016 DATES
- May Session: Monday, May 16–Friday, June 3
- Summer Session I: Monday, May 23–Friday, June 24
- Summer Session II: Monday, June 27–Friday, July 29
- Summer Session I through Summer Session II: Monday, May 23-Friday, July 29
May Session is a special three-week session designed to provide opportunities for faculty and students to participate in unique courses and other learning experiences in a short, concentrated timeframe. Summer Sessions I and II provide opportunities for students to complete courses in a five-week period. Some courses are offered in a 10 week timeframe.
Some courses are in the traditional classroom format, while others are offered online. Online Learning courses offer the same quality education available in the classroom through web-based college instruction, including small classes and one-on-one interaction with faculty in an interactive virtual classroom environment.
- Study Abroad opportunities are also available
- Morris Once Again Named a “Best College Value” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- David Roberts to Study Unusual Polynomials with NSF Grant
- Raths ’19 Gets Ready to Practice Optometry at PineCone Vision Center
- Larson ’18 Gains Classroom Experience at Butterfly Hill
- Bean ’17 Makes Headlines at the Morris Sun Tribune
- Carson ’17 Gains Classroom Experience at Freedom School
- Coria ’18 and Palmer ’17 Receive 2016 Scholarly Excellence in Equity and Diversity Awards