Art History Book Award
This award is given to a graduating senior art history major in recognition of her or his academic excellence and potential for further achievement in the arts.
The award is given annually, provided there is a qualified recipient, and may be given to two students when warranted. The recipient is chosen in the spring semester of her/his graduating year by the art history faculty. The faculty will consider the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA (minimum 3.25)
- Engagement in activities beyond the requirements for an art history major, such as internships, directed study projects, and travel abroad
- Commitment to future education in the arts and a career in the arts
The award consists of a major publication, chosen by the faculty, in an area of art history that matches the recipient’s particular interests.
The Art History Book Award award is funded by the contributions of UMM alumni.The art history faculty wish to give special thanks to UMM alumnus Professor Richard S. Munson for his generous support for the award.
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award
- Anika Paulson ’20 Takes Part in TED
- DeBellis ’18 Earns a Place at Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Summer Institute
- Waye Contributes to Paper Published in Royal Society Proceedings B
- University of Minnesota, Morris Named to New List of Nation’s Top Public Colleges