2016 HOLIDAY SOIRÉE: MAGNIFICAT
Delight in the tastes and sounds of the season with the University of Minnesota, Morris Music Discipline at this year’s Holiday Soirée!
Friday, December 2, 7:30 p.m.
HFA Recital Hall
The Morris University Choir, Chamber Singers, Brass and Wind Ensembles, and Jazz Combo present a varied program of festive music.
No pre-sale tickets
All tickets available at the door: Adults $5, Seniors/Children $3, UMM Students $1
Saturday and Sunday, December 3 and 4
This outstanding event will feature a festive meal in Oyate Hall, complete with dinner entertainment by an outstanding Morris jazz combo. Following the meal, the Morris Concert Choir will present J.S. Bach’s beloved Magnificat in D with professional orchestra and vocal soloists in the HFA Recital Hall. The program also includes two movements from the Rachmaninoff Vespers and the Morris Chamber Singers presenting several seasonal selections.
Saturday, December 3
6:30 p.m. Festive meal in Oyate
8:00 p.m. Concert in Recital Hall
Sunday, December 4
12:30 p.m. Festive meal in Oyate
2 p.m. Concert in HFA Recital Hall
NOTE: Tickets may be purchased for the full evening (meal and concert performance) or for the performance only.
- 15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award
- Anika Paulson ’20 Takes Part in TED
- DeBellis ’18 Earns a Place at Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Summer Institute
- Waye Contributes to Paper Published in Royal Society Proceedings B