Unless stated, all concerts take place in the HFA Recital Hall
Friday, February 17, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
UMM Chamber Players Concert
A program of contemporary chamber music that inspires and challenges.
Lost Music (2016) Wes Flinn (PREMIERE)
Burning Blue (2015) Christopher Marshall (PREMIERE)
Guest Soloist: Michael Nicollela - electric guitar
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. - Star Light, Star Bright
Symphonic Winds and their friends look heavenwards with music and poetry on the beauty, science and influence of the night sky.
Also Sprach Zarathustra, Op 30 (Einleitung) Richard Strauss (1864-1949)
Symphonic Suite from "Star Trek" Jerry Goldsmith (1929-2004)
Mars & Venus, from “The Planets,” Op. 32 Gustav Holst (1874-1934)
Planet Earth, from Symphony No.3 Johan de Meij (b. 1953)
Wednesday April 5, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. - Informance
An informal program featuring student soloist and conductors. Program to include:
Rondo and Variations Guy Woolfenden (Leah Soll, solo clarinet)
Fantasia Gordon Jacob (Anne Ternes, solo euphonium)
Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. - The Music of Open Windows
Fresh, vibrant music that heralds the arrival of Spring.
Kenneth Jimenez, trumpet
Elise Ware, trumpet
Copland - An Outdoor Overture
Speare -Tongue and Groove (USA PREMIERE)
Kallman - Alyeska: The Great Land
Gould - St. Lawrence Suite
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award
- Anika Paulson ’20 Takes Part in TED
- DeBellis ’18 Earns a Place at Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Summer Institute
- Waye Contributes to Paper Published in Royal Society Proceedings B
- University of Minnesota, Morris Named to New List of Nation’s Top Public Colleges