From healthcare to public service to criminology, the field of dentistry offers a wide selection of professional options for qualified candidates. Here’s how the University of Minnesota, Morris and the liberal arts experience prepares you.
University of Minnesota, Morris graduates are prepared to enter any dental school or training program of their choosing. In addition, the Morris campus provides the following advantages.
- The on-campus Office of Community Engagement: Taking advantage of undergraduate service opportunities demonstrates the kind of commitment sought by professional school admissions boards;
- A nationally recognized Study Abroad program: Studying abroad prepares students for potential international dental service trips; and
- Outstanding undergraduate teaching: The Morris campus boasts the highest percentage of winners of the Horace T. Morse-Minnesota Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Contributions to Undergraduate Education at the University of Minnesota.
Opportunities in Dentistry
The field of dentistry offers many career options, including:
- Private practice
- Clinical or criminal laboratory work
- Dental hygiene and wellness
Many Morris graduates have gone on to successful careers in dentistry. Read more about preparing for a dental career at Morris.
- Three Morris Faculty Members Earn Grant-in-Aid Awards
- Morris Faculty and Staff Earn IAS Research and Creative Collaboratives Awards
- 24 Students and Faculty Collaborate on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- 15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award