Through the field of education, students can pursue the study of education and its role in society (separate from teacher licensure programs); complete a major and teaching licensure in elementary education; prepare to teach one or more liberal arts subjects at the secondary school level; and/or prepare for graduate study in education.
Intercollegiate athletics, sports management, lifetime physical activity classes, coaching endorsement, and courses addressing various wellness issues are offered in the sport studies and athletics discipline.
Many students enrolled at Morris, no matter what their area of study, participate in intercollegiate athletic competition, which is directed by the sport studies and athletics faculty.
Division of Education programs are enhanced through faculty commitment to personalized instruction, use of current instruction technologies, and opportunities for student and faculty participation in multicultural and international educational experiences.
- 15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award
- Anika Paulson ’20 Takes Part in TED
- DeBellis ’18 Earns a Place at Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Summer Institute
- Waye Contributes to Paper Published in Royal Society Proceedings B