Practice is essential for success in any music program, so practice rooms are provided for the sole purpose of practicing your music.
All practice rooms at the lower level of HFA are open to all students at any time during regular building hours.
Practice rooms are open:
- 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekdays
- Saturdays 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sundays 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Priority for practice room use will be given in the following order:
- Music majors
- Non-music majors enrolled in music courses or ensembles
- Other non-music majors
Practice rooms and the instruments, equipment and furniture therein are to be kept neat, clean and free of any personal items at all times.
- Personal items are to be kept in lockers, not in practice rooms or in the public areas (i.e. cushions).
- If personal belongings are left unattended in a practice room for longer than 10 minutes, any waiting student may claim the practice room for their use.
- Unattended personal belongings will be turned over to lost and found.
- No food or drinks are allowed in practice rooms. Water is allowed in closed containers only.
- Windows in practice rooms are to be left uncovered.
- Under no circumstances may any items other than sheet music, pencils or metronomes be placed on top of any of the pianos or other permanent practice room instruments.
- If students find any instruments, equipment or furniture in a practice room in need of repair, they need to immediately report the room number and concerns to a music faculty member.
- Music stands are NOT to leave the HFA building.
Any student found to treat the practice rooms, instruments, equipment or furniture disrespectfully or inappropriately may be revoked the privilege to use these facilities, in addition to being held responsible for the full cost of repairing/replacing any damaged items.
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award
- Anika Paulson ’20 Takes Part in TED
- DeBellis ’18 Earns a Place at Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Summer Institute
- Waye Contributes to Paper Published in Royal Society Proceedings B
- University of Minnesota, Morris Named to New List of Nation’s Top Public Colleges