Skip navigation

You are here

Graduate of a Four-Year

What should I do if I already have a four-year degree and want to get a teaching license?

We first need to determine if you have met requirements for admission to the program. To do this, we need to look at your transcripts. Send unofficial copies of your transcripts to Michelle Page, secondary education coordinator, 108 Education, 600 East Fourth Street, Morris, MN 56267 for a preliminary review. The preliminary review will give you a general idea of the courses you might have to take to get a license.

If you decide you want to complete your license requirements at Morris, apply to the University of Minnesota, Morris via the Office of Admissions.

After you are accepted, an official transcript review will be conducted that will give you the final list of courses to be completed. In most cases, the applicant needs to complete content area courses and/or education prerequisites and will need to enter the education program one semester to two years after beginning coursework.

If your transcript evaluation tells you that you only have a few courses to take (three to four), check with the Secondary Education discipline immediately regarding program application.

If your transcript review indicates that you will need many courses (eight or more) simply remember to apply to the program the fall of the year prior to actually entering the program.

If you are unsure whether you should apply or not, contact the Secondary Education discipline for assistance.