Typically, students apply for admission to the Honors program in the spring of their first year at UMM and begin the program the fall of their second. Recipients of the Prairie Scholarship are offered automatic admission to the program in their first year of study.
Academic success in the fall semester, faculty recommendation, and a short essay may be used to select students who are likely to thrive in the program.
In order to graduate ‘with Honors, in addition to completing 12 credits in the Honors Program, a student must have an overall GPA of 3.5 at graduation.
Students who graduate with Honors receive an Honors Medallion at the annual Honors Ceremony, on the eve of graduation.
- Three Morris Faculty Members Earn Grant-in-Aid Awards
- Morris Faculty and Staff Earn IAS Research and Creative Collaboratives Awards
- 24 Students and Faculty Collaborate on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- 15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award