THE TOP 5 THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN PLANNING A MAJOR IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- Take Math and Chemistry as soon as possible! Take the math before you forget what you learned in High School and take chemistry because it is needed for your second year courses.
- Introduce yourself to Environmental Science Faculty and let them know your plans.
- Take required courses in your first 2 years and then begin thinking about electives.
- Plan your electives carefully. Make sure they combine to make a cohesive vision of the type of environmental science you want to pursue in your career and/ or in graduate school.
- Begin thinking about Research, Internships, Study Abroad, and the National Student Exchange early. There are some great opportunities and you will want to take advantage of them.