Updated for Fall 2020
The Chamber Orchestra will meet for in-person rehearsals on Mondays from 6:30-9pm. The following precautions will be taken:
- Ensemble members will be at least 6 feet apart
- All will be required to wear masks for the duration of rehearsals/concerts
- Members will utilize their own stands (no stand partners)
- Enrollment will be capped at 21 to ensure social distancing measures can be observed
To ensure a safe environment for our singers, several small ensembles will be offered in Spring 2021 in lieu of our large ensembles. In-person rehearsals will be 30 minutes in length, with remaining coursework online. Students are also required to attend one 30-minute sectional outside of the designated rehearsal time - sectional days/times will be determined at the beginning of the semester based on student/instructor availability.
The following precautions will be taken:
- Ensemble members will be a minimum of 10 feet apart
- All are required to wear masks for the duration of rehearsals/recording sessions/performances
Choral Ensemble Rehearsal Schedule
- Chamber Singers: MWF 5-5:30 p.m.
- Soprano-Alto Ensemble: T 4:30-5 p.m.; Th 5-5:30 p.m.
- Tenor-Bass Ensemble: T 5:30-6 p.m.; Th 5-5:30 p.m.
In order to maintain the recommended social distancing in our rehearsal spaces, MUS 1300 Symphonic Winds (and MUS 1352 Community Ensembles) will meet in-person as two independent ensembles at the times listed below:
- Woodwind & Percussion Orchestra (Mon. / Wed. / Fri., 3:30-4:30 p.m.)
- Brass & Percussion Choir (Mon. / Wed. / Fri., 4:30-5:30 p.m.)
- Wind and percussion players that cannot be accommodated in the above ensembles will be provided with alternative small ensemble opportunities.
- MUS 1331 Brass Ensemble, MUS 1301 Chamber Winds and MUS 1070 Instrumental Chamber Music will meet according to student demand.
For more information contact Simon Tillier.
Jazz Ensembles and Jazz Combos will be taught through “hybrid” modality including some online content (guided listening sessions, recording projects) and some in-person rehearsals with appropriate social distancing and safety precautions.
Please contact Jonathan Campbell for more information.