A degree in music from the University of Minnesota, Morris provides students with a broad understanding of the art of music, both historically and globally. If you are looking for an environment where you will have ample opportunity to grow and flourish as a musician and a scholar, the music discipline at Morris is the right place for you!
Morris combines music coursework with an exceptional liberal arts curriculum, providing a diverse knowledge base that can serve as a foundation in a variety of careers, both inside and outside of music.
The members of the music faculty have established reputations and are ready to work with students, not only in the small classes that are a part of the core music studies, but also through mentorships and projects that the student wishes to pursue.
Students have the opportunity to actively shape their education through a variety of performance venues, leadership roles, and the possibility to develop their own scholarly projects.
Students at Morris have the option to earn a teaching license through our reputable elementary and secondary education programs; a high percentage of music majors achieve placement in elementary and secondary music education positions.
- Three Morris Faculty Members Earn Grant-in-Aid Awards
- Morris Faculty and Staff Earn IAS Research and Creative Collaboratives Awards
- 24 Students and Faculty Collaborate on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- 15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award