Philosophy Career & Graduate School Opportunities
"What can I do with a Philosophy Major from Morris?"
Philosophical skills provide invaluable training for almost any field. Philosophy provides excellent preparation for law school, and many companies prize the skills that are sharpened and honed by majoring in philosophy. As a group, philosophy majors do better on graduate admission tests like the LSAT, GRE, and GMAT than almost any other major.
Morris students have gone on to a wide variety of careers, including a legislative assistant to Senator Tom Daschle, an Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and a researcher in Artificial Intelligence at Northwestern University.
Popular Graduate School Destinations
Morris graduates have attended law school at Cornell, Stanford, the University of Minnesota, George Washington University, and many other fine institutions.
They have also entered graduate schools in philosophy at leading programs, including
- the University of Wisconsin at Madison
- the University of Nebraska
- the University of Iowa
- the University of Illinois at Urbana, Champagne
- 15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award
- Anika Paulson ’20 Takes Part in TED
- DeBellis ’18 Earns a Place at Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Summer Institute
- Waye Contributes to Paper Published in Royal Society Proceedings B