Applying to Physical Therapy School
Students planning to apply to a master or doctor of physical therapy program must complete a bachelor’s degree in any field to be eligible. Admission to physical therapy programs is highly competitive; most schools require at least a 3.00 GPA for prerequisite coursework.
The University of Minnesota Physical Therapy Program, one of the top 20 programs in the United States, uses a rolling admissions process that begins in July. Applicants must apply to both the program and the University's graduate school. In addition, you must submit:
Currently, the University of Minnesota program does not make use of the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
"What about other schools?"
You will need to familiarize yourself with the specific application requirements of different schools. Many use the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
- Three Morris Faculty Members Earn Grant-in-Aid Awards
- Morris Faculty and Staff Earn IAS Research and Creative Collaboratives Awards
- 24 Students and Faculty Collaborate on HHMI Summer Research Projects
- 15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award