Skip navigation

You are here

Practicing Teachers

What is the process if I am a practicing teacher and looking to expand my license from a grade 7-12 to a grade 5-12 in the same field?

The state law requires that in such a case you will need to take a middle level methods course. Morris regularly offers this course during the summer. Please contact Gwen Rudney, course instructor. If you are a Communication Arts and Literature licensee, you may be required to take additional coursework to meet the new state requirements in speech.

Send transcripts for review to:

Michelle Page
108 Education
600 East Fourth Street
Morris, MN 56267

You also need to contact the Office of Admissions regarding special or expedited university admission.

What do I need to do if I am a licensed teacher and I'd like to add a field to my license?

You will need to take the necessary content area courses.

Send transcripts for review to:

Michelle Page108 Education
600 East Fourth StreetMorris, MN 56267

The State of Minnesota will require you to take the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Exam (MTLE) content exam in that field.