Why Social Science?
The social science major at Morris offers a range of courses across 11 different majors, one of the widest at the Morris.
In the social science major at Morris, you have the freedom to work with your faculty advisor to build a curriculum that will help you reach your educational and professional goals. Typically, the curriculum is split into two parts.
The first consists of a selection of core courses. These include:
Along with courses like
To provide the research tools you will need for independent work
The second part, you have a choice of sub-plans—a focused course of study in one of eight disciplines:
- Gender, Women, and Sexuality
- Political Science
If you are interested in teaching social science at secondary schools, you would include secondary education courses in the curriculum you develop.
- 15 Faculty and Staff Members Honored at Recognition Dinner
- Three Morris Students Named Fulbright Scholars
- Tone-Pah-Hote ’18 Is a Udall Scholar
- Gercken Receives All-University Horace T. Morse Award
- Anika Paulson ’20 Takes Part in TED
- DeBellis ’18 Earns a Place at Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Summer Institute
- Waye Contributes to Paper Published in Royal Society Proceedings B