Summer Term at the University of Minnesota Morris including May Session, Summer Session I and Summer Session II, is open to current and new students, students from other colleges, nontraditional students, and community members (some courses have prerequisites). Summer Term offers a learning environment that will help students realize their academic and intellectual potential, and provides an excellent opportunity for students to:
- accelerate degree completion;
- meet general education requirements (GER);
- make up lost credits;
- work while earning credits; and
- live in Morris for the summer!
Morris's qualified and enthusiastic faculty offer an exciting challenge through a variety of courses. Summer Term courses, while offered in a condensed format, require the same rigor and expectations as courses offered during the academic year.
Registration is easy and begins March 24, 2021!
SUMMER TERM 2021 DATES
- May Session: Monday, May 17–Friday, June 4
- Summer Session I: Monday, May 24–Friday, June 25
- Summer Session II: Monday, June 28–Friday, July 30
- Summer Session I–Summer Session II: Monday, May 24–Friday, July 30
May Session is a special three-week session designed to provide opportunities for faculty and students to participate in unique courses and other learning experiences in a short, concentrated timeframe. Summer Sessions I and II provide opportunities for students to complete courses in a five-week period. Some courses are offered in a 10 week timeframe.
Some courses are in the traditional classroom format, while others are offered online. Online Learning courses offer the same quality education available in the classroom through web-based college instruction, including small classes and one-on-one interaction with faculty in an interactive virtual classroom environment.
- Study Abroad opportunities are also available.