- Students will understand generally accepted accounting principles.
- Students will be able to perform accounting functions based on generally accepted accounting principles.
- Students will be able to perform accounting functions using various accounting and tax software.
This program is available via classroom and online.
A minimum GPA of 2.00 is required in the minor to graduate. The GPA includes all, and only, University of Minnesota coursework.
Grades of "F" are included in GPA calculation until they are replaced.
The credits earned at Crookston count toward the 120 credit total needed to complete a BA at UMN Morris.
UMN Morris students will need to complete the Application to Register at Multiple University of Minnesota Campuses (Multi-I) before enrolling in UMN Crookston classes. If a Morris student takes Crookston classes in successive semesters, the application form need only be completed before the first Crookston class. If a Morris student has a semester without a Crookston class, then reapplication for Multi-I is necessary.
- MGMT 2101 - Principles of Accounting I (4.0 cr) - Morris course
- MGMT 2102 - Principles of Accounting II (2.0 cr) - Morris course
- MGMT 3133 - Managerial Accounting (4.0 cr) - Morris course
- ACCT 3201 - Intermediate Accounting I (4.0 cr)
- ACCT 3202 - Intermediate Accounting II (4.0 cr)
- ACCT 3220 - Accounting Systems (3.0 cr)
Accounting Electives (Choose 6 credits)
- ACCT 3301 - Cost Accounting I (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 3302 - Cost Accounting II (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 3900 - Internship (1.0-12.0 cr)
- ACCT 4110 - Advanced Accounting I (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4111 - Advanced Accounting II (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4221 - Auditing I (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4310 - Auditing II (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4404 - Income Tax I (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4405 - Income Tax II (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4420 - Income Tax Preparation (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4500 - Forensic Accounting (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4511 - CPA Review Course--Regulation (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4512 - CPA Review Course--Financial Reporting and Accounting (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4513 - CPA Review Course--Auditing and Attestation (3.0 cr)
- ACCT 4514 - CPA Review Course--Business Environment and Concepts (3.0 cr)